Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Reed!

Reed is our one and only boy(for now that is) and what a joy he is to us. He turned 8 today and had a really fun Spy party with his friends. He is also really excited to get baptized in just a few weeks. We love to tease him about being the only boy but it doesn't seem to bother him. He is a great brother and when he is not tormenting the girls he can actually be quite protective of them.
One of my favorite stories about Reed happened when he was only about 2 years old. We were out running errands all day and I had to go to one last store. It was the Home Depot and for some reason my kids hate that store and even the little ones recognize the orange sign and immediately whine about wanting to go home. Anyway on this day he was really getting tired of shopping and I told him we only had to get one thing and that it was going to be super fast. I told him we needed weed killer. He got really quiet and then started to to cry. Please don't kill me mommy. I guess Reed and Weed sound the same to a 2 year old.
As you can see from the pictures, Reed is a bit of a ham. We usually can't get a decent picture even though he is the most photogenic kid. When we happen to catch a calm shot of him they are always really awesome pics but he usually just gives us silly faces and that is what I love about these pics. They really capture everything Reed is about. I guess Fun and Silly would sum it up.
Reed is really into basketball right now and went to a Jazz game with his dad and grandpa last night. He also wants to be a drummer. His favorite thing to do is listen to his mp3 player and tap out the beat. Reed's best subject in school is math and his teacher says he is far ahead of the other kids when it comes to math. Well what else can I say? He is just an overall fun kid and our family wouldn't be the same without him. We Love you Reed!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Those are some great shots of him. Happy Bday. Yay for Baptisms this year. I am quite nervous about that, well more scared that I have an 8 year old.

The Lenehan Family said...

I can't believe how fast time flies. Can we say mini Danny?? He looks just like his dad. Happy birthday Reed!

Brandon and Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Reed! Wow, I seriously laughed out loud when I read that Weed Killer story. Too cute! Who took those pictures of Reed? Where they the same day as your family pictures? They are gorgeous.

Shane and Becky said...

Reed! Happy B-day!!! By the way I thought you were Danny in these pics. HAHA! Oh, one more thing buddy. When I baptized my son Bradley,I had to use a old wash board to get those pesky black marks out. If you need it, don't think twice asking bud. Tell your Mom and Dad Hi. Shane

The Williamson's said...

Happy B-day Reed. Beth thats so exciting that we are due on the same day :) How fun!

Barnes Blog said...

Happy Birthday Reed! I never get sick of the Weed story, it is so cute! Glad you're feeling better.