I have always had a testimony of prayer. Even when I was very small I remember having experiences with it that left a big impression on me. I will admit though that at the darkest times of my depression, I often wondered if God really did hear me. And if he was hearing me if he actually cared. I know now that he does care and he does answer. I just wasn't listening and some answers were in progress. Meaning that I think some of my answers were going to take time and careful planning so that I would be in a place to actually hear it. Anyway I just wanted to share a more current experience. This was just maybe a month ago or so. I was having just an okay kind of day. Nothing to stressful or out of the ordinary but as the day went on I was finding that I was becoming more and more irritated with the kids and all their shenanigans. I was really trying to keep my cool. It was my goal for the day and it was at the front of my mind all day that I was going to respond to the kids lovingly. Well after a full day of cleaning up messes and feeling exhausted the little girls really tested me. Just when I thought I might get a minute to rest on the couch, one of the kids came in yelling that Meridee and Aida had just painted all over the walls in blue paint. I was fuming inside and I really felt like I just wanted to blow my top but instead I thought to pray. It was short, silent, and simple. I just closed my eyes and said Help Me Lord, Please. Just as I finished the prayer and opened my eyes the most unlikely thing happened. The one kid who gives me the most grief and worry came to my rescue. Audrie walked in with a washrag in hand and said it's okay mommy I'll clean it up. Even now this brings me to tears. I was so greatful that she had the idea to help out (an idea that was inspired I'm sure). I was so happy that I had to get a picture. She had most of it cleaned up before I could find the camera but I did get a picture anyway.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



6 comments:
Wow.... now that was sweet.
a tender mercy when you obviously needed one in the worst way.
I feel like on the days I try the hardest, there always seems to be so much more opposition thrown my way. Why is that?!?
What a sweet story Beth.
I think I may need to practice this technique of yours too, especially now with this new calling. Kind of an out of the blue surprise for me.
I was just starting to feel more comfortable with activity days too...
Thanks for the great reminder.
Thank you for sharing Beth! It makes us all stop and think a bit. The picture is so sweet.
i feel like brittney.
sweet story.
my girls have been gone for 4 days and i have already forgotten how hard it can be. i'll have a big dose of reality tomorrow.
This made me cry. I am feeling more and more that the boats we are in are similar. I really felt your sadness and determination that I often feel on those days. Thank you for reminding me of prayer and it's miracles. I am so thankful for prayers, and honestly I could say that this post was an answer to one of my prayers(I have many). Thank you Aunt Beth. I love you.
Post a Comment