
Just a little cookie decorating and eating

Family Home Evening Donut eating Contest

Costumes and Trick-or Treating

Pumpkin Carving

and Leaf Raking
Not to mention
Green Bean, Plum, Grape juice and Peach canning(didn't get around to apples this year)
Sewing(Big Thank You to Aunt Robin for helping me again this year)
Room mom planning
Achievement day activities
Organizing winter clothes
Tanner's and Aida's Birthdays
Helping Paige run for student council
3 other classroom projects
Parent teacher conferences
Family Pictures
Ghouls night out with Danny's family
Volleyball games
Out of town visitors
The list goes on and on
There is something about October that makes families go crazy. I used to watch other families and laugh at how they seemed to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off. When I was a younger mom I couldn't seem to understand why older mom's would complain about their crazy lives in the month of October. What was it about this month in particular that would drive them nuts? Were they simply taking on too much? Why specifically the month of October? Well now I'm a little older but not any wiser and I see what they were all complaining about. This last October(and mid September around here) seemed to be completely out of control. I 'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one either. I found that other women I talked to were also on the verge of mental breakdowns too. My simple life philosophy flew out the window. I know I said yes to about 10 things to many and stressed over Costumes and class parties to much. These are all good things but somehow too much of a good thing makes me lose sight of the best things. I think that next year sometime around September I need someone to whisper to me in a super creepy voice "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Just a little reminder to slow down and focus on what's really important. Well, I'm not exactly sure what it was that drove us over the edge but luckily we made it through and November seems much quieter already. Although I'm sure that won't last too long since the Holiday's are right around the corner. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll probably start stressing out again. I really don't want to do that though so maybe I need someone to whisper "Joy to the World" or "It's a Wonderful Life" into my ear starting right about NOW. Actually "Peace" is probably more like it. I'm sure I'll need some in the next coming weeks.
7 comments:
Oh gosh - I can see why you were stressed! I love the pics and the activities. You're so creative it boggles my mind. Hope things are going well there. Are you coming our way for Thanksgiving/Steve's wedding?
Wow that is cute costumse. Can't wait til you get here.
Amen to the stress of October!!!! I think for me I have having to adjust to less sunshine/ day light.
Big smiles and hugs for your adorable family!!!!
oh yeah are you coming for the sealing? would be fun but not like you need one more thing to worry about.
love their costumes.
it has been busy here too and i feel like i don't have all that much going on. i don't get it. i sorta checked out the past two weeks though. my mom really did my kids costumes too. i just sorta give my opinion first.
ALTHOUGH, i have ordered two gifts for christmas (for the girls) online. and they were cheap too. now if i can just do that a few more times maybe i will be done. can always wish right.
here's to a quiet holiday.
I wouldn't mind someone whispering Peace in my ear either. There just doesn't seem to be enough of it lately. Noise noise everywhere!
Glad to see you are blogging again!
Thanks for the update. The kids looked really cute for Halloween. I enjoyed my visit and look forward to seeing you again. Love ya
I'm glad you posted, I love to read your blog. Your costumes turned out so cute! I hear a on the month of October thing though. Man, it seems like so much fun, but then it's just not. ;0)
Post a Comment