Tuesday, April 8, 2008

We're not superstitious

Thirteen years ago Danny and I were married in the Los Angeles Temple for Time and Eternity.
It really was a great day. I look at these pictures and of course I wish that I could still look that young, and as for Danny, he was really handsome but I think men age really well and he is even more handsome now with a little gray hair. In fact I think his gray hair is really sexy and I hope he never tries to color it. I can't believe it has been thirteen years and even though our streak of bad luck at the beginning of the year might discourage some, we truly feel a great sense of peace and calm. The Lord has truly blessed us and we recognize that even though these are rough times for our family, we are experiencing exactly what the Lord has designed for us so that we can grow and get to where we are supposed to be. I have never felt closer to Danny than I do at this time. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.
Okay, so enough of the mushy stuff. I looked up what gift this anniversary was supposed to be and it said lace or a modern version would be textiles. So I guess it is appropriate that we decided to buy new bedding. I know it sounds like a weird thing to do for an anniversary but we decided that because we are so broke that if we were going to spend any money it should be on something we needed anyway. So we are being practical but to spice things up Danny suggested we could then break them in later tonight. hehehe

7 comments:

Nash said...

I forgot how beautiful those pictures are. You guys are models. How fun. I was just thinking your anniv. was soon and then I saw your post. WOW.
That's a LONG time. CONGRATULATIONS!

Barnes Blog said...

Yeah baby that's what I'm talkin bout.
It's so awesome that you are so positive, it really is the only way to go in such crapy circumstances. It never helps to stress over things that are out of your control. Focus on the here and now, the past is passed and the future hasn't happened yet, so the only thing you can control is right now.
Love ya man, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Ashley said...

Happy Wedding Day!

Don't put holes in the sheets

Kimi said...

Happy belated anniversary! I hope your sheets are fabulous!
The babysitting kits you helped the girls with are great! Tani can't wait to use all the fun ideas!

Jill said...

I hope you guys had a fun day. That is breaking in your sheets. Try not to get pregnant. Oh yeah too late for that huh. hehe

Barnes Blog said...

How are you guys doing? We think about you a lot. Hope everyhing is going better. How's the pregnancy.

Becky said...

Beth, thanks for making me cry. I am so happy for you and your husband. Congratulations on 13 happy years together, and heres to many many MANY more of them. What gorgeous pictures these are, and I want to thank you for sharing them here on your blog. What a blessing it is to have such love for one another and such a beautiful family. HUGS!