Friday, May 30, 2008

Total Screw up




It's just been one of those days where you feel like you can't please anyone and nothing you do seems to be right. I hate those days and wish it would just be over already. While I was thinking about my screw up day and trying to find something to blog about I realized that I really was a screw up and neglected to post Meridee's Birthday. It was clear back In April and I feel guilty for forgetting her. The kids really like it when I post their Birthday's and say all kinds of nice things about them. Good thing she is only 4 and doesn't even know the difference but I guess now I have something to blog about.
Meridee is just beautiful and so much fun. I can't say much else. She is such a joy and really has quite a good sense of humor. She gets that from her dad. She is also a little bit of a drama queen and we can't help but laugh at all her drama. When she gets in trouble and is sent to her room she always responds by telling me that I am breaking her heart. The last picture of her was taken just before her heart surgery. She was only 9 months old at the time. I think the little hospital gown was adorable but we feel very blessed that modern medicine was able to detect her heart murmur and correct it so easily.
Well I guess I should go back to my blah kind of a day. Besides pizza is on its way. There is no way I was cooking on a day like this. Thank goodness for pizza as long as I don't screw that up too somehow.

3 comments:

stacy said...

oh man meridee is such a cutie! i'm so sorry you had such a cruddy day. i just can't relate to you cause every day around here is so perfect...hahahahaha! yeah right! i'm sure you did SOMETHING right that day but i know how it feels when everything seems all wrong. so so sorry friend.

Nash said...

Yes you may copy my shirt idea. I just made my own template and found some pre-cut fabric at wally mart at midnight the night before. I tried hard this year because last year I didn't do anything since it was in california. I just didn't want to regret not trying the fondant and such. Believe me, I don't know if I've ever been more tired than I was last week. I didn't have my mom or sisters there to help. Ashley was a huge help at Avery's. Paul was also out of town for 2 days and we made jam with activity days. I am so bad at following through on ideas i have, but lately I have been, so it makes me feel good. It's just that now I might not do anything for awhile.
Meridee looks so cute in those pics and your cake is adorable.

Krista said...

You're in good company my Sister! I love to know that I am not the only one who has an Ikea day. You know, the kind of day you have to lock yourself in your room for a time out?!> Bethy, you are a wonderful Mommy and I wish I could take things in stride like you do. You're awesome and I love you!