I'm having a really tough time with Meridee lately. She is so defiant. I have threatened taking away Trick or Treating this Friday for some extremely bad behavior and today has been the worst of it. I threatened it again today and I kind of think I have to follow through with this but the wimp in me says she's only four and think of all the fun memories you are taking away. So I'm asking everyone's opinion,
Do I have to? or is there another way?
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



3 comments:
Well here's a question for you. Do you think the punishment will help her to try to and be better?
I have been thinking about this lately. I have threatened NO trick or treating, we are having a party and they went to a trunk or treat, so I don't feel bad taking that part away from them. So they could do the party and that would be it. I am actually all for them not getting too much candy, they also have a school party.
I have been thinking about this because if Kennedy forgets her work or something. I don't want to go out of my way to help her get it to school. It's not my responsibility. Their school is big on that. A couple weeks ago she forgot a special talent paper she had worked on. I knew she would be crushed, so I did go home and get it. BUT, this was after multiple times of telling her to have her backpack ready. I knew if I had just sent her, she'd never forget again. But I was worried about her being the only one without it. I am not even going to proofread this, hope it made sense. Meridee is younger, but maybe it will help.
Maybe you could compromise with her - sit down and explain that you don't want her to miss Halloween, but she needs to learn to make better choices. Then work out an acceptable alternate consequence that would allow her to go trick or treating, but still make her accountable for the bad choice?
It has been so long since I have had one that little, maybe I am thinking too 'older kid' minded. But my kids are sometimes harder on themselves than I would have been when they have to come up with their own consequences.
Let her be a child and stop sweating the little things. Picture how terrible your life would be without her to truly appreciate her.
Post a Comment