I hope everyone had a really great Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful day and my thoughts were turned to all of the blessings in my life. Despite the struggles that our family has been through over the last few years I can honestly say we are experiencing an abundance of joy amongst the turmoil. We are so blessed and our trials are small in comparison to many others and so we can't help but be extremely thankful to our Heavenly father for all that we enjoy. So here are just a few of the blessings we have realized in the last few weeks.I am so glad to have a daughter old enough to start babysitting. She took Aida to the park one day so we could get some stuff done around the house. So helpful.
I often complain that my house is too much to take care of. It is old and needs a lot of TLC. The projects just seem too keep on coming but what would we do without them. This year I took on the job of raking the leaves in the back yard. 20 bags later and I'm only 1/3 of the way done but I have actually enjoyed being outside in our beautiful fall weather. I can't complain because we love our back yard. It is was drew us to this house in the first place. Our kids have so much fun playing in the yard climbing trees and making swings and forts. It really is like having a park in our own back yard. Plus how many people can say that they can go apple picking in their own back yard. Not to mention apricot, plum, peach, cherry and grape picking.
I am thankful for my kids or course. They make life interesting. Without them we just wouldn't laugh as much.
I am also thankful for health insurance. We have really needed it over the last year.
I sure was happy to have a kids table at this years thanksgiving dinner. Danny and I actually ate a meal in peace.
I am also glad for $5 hair cuts at the beauty school. I took all the girls for haircuts. It was a treat for us since I usually do the cuts myself and we are also really glad that hair grows. Some of the cuts were a little disapointing and especially since Aida then tried to cut her own hair. Notice the chopped bangs and she has a bald spot in the back. LOVELY.
Just look at these adorable kids. How could I not be grateful and blessed. I am so thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who answers prayers. He has listened to me and answered mine. Maybe not it the way I thought they would come but I can see the wisdom in his ways. I am thankful for the blessings that come from paying tithing. We truly are recieving blessings and there is not enough room to recieve them all. I am also thankful for all those who have served our family in one way or another. They are the deliverers of all the answers to my prayers. There is so much to be thankful for and I know that my poor writing skills are not doing it justice here. My heart is full and my words are lacking. I feel truly blessed.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



5 comments:
Way to find the blessing amid the "not so blessed" moments.
The pics of the bagged leaves hits close to home. We have the huge yard as well but with that comes A LOT of extra work. It's so worth it though for the kid's sake.
Sorry to see the extra haircut your daughter gave herself. We have had way to many of those "self-inflicted" haircuts at our house over the years. :)
Love the pic of your little guy. He is such a cutie!
That's a great reminder, Beth, to count your blessings instead of your "spankings". I feel, too many times, we are focusing on the troubles and while we focus on them it seems that's all that comes to us. Focus on and be greatful the blessings...even the little ones...and more will come. I must say that our $8 beauty school hair cuts ROCK. We have Zack do them. MacKenna likes Zack because he "talks funny" and has a "silly voice" do you see where I'm going with that? Anyway, Beth, we are all truly blessed...it's just a matter of whether we acknowledge the blessings or the struggles. Garrett gave a talk in Primary last week and reminded us to be thankful for both. Love ya, miss ya.
Way cute sis.
I don't have your e-mail :( But I use scrapblog.com e-mail me and I help you with that one if you want. amycherie@gmail.com
Hey there, I feel so bad. I was going through the "drafts" in my email and found an email that I had meant to send to you a month ago with my address so that we could exchange cards and to get your address as well. I think that I started doing the email but then didn't have time to finish up so I saved it as a draft to finish later. I am sorry that I never finished it and sent it off.
It's so funny because I was looking at my Christmas cards the other day and realized that there wasn't one from you but I didn't think much of it. Now I know why...SORRY! Still send me your address so that we can exchange next year. I will send you mine as well through email. My email is brittneycheek1@yahoo.com
Post a Comment