I've been reading a lot lately and have come across some really great reads and just wanted to share them. Some of these have been life changing for me. This first one is one that I just heard about and I will be reading as soon as it arrives but it sure sounded interesting. It is about discovering your personal style. At first I thought it sounded kinda lame but it is not just about the kind of clothes you wear or how you decorate your home but how you design and live your life.
"The Peacegiver" was one of those life changing books for me. Loved it!
Heart like his was a heart changer for me. It encourages you to pay more attention to the condition of your heart. It is what I needed at the the time I read it. Actually, I have a weird story about this book. I suppose there is no better time to share than now. Just before I had Tanner last summer I was really struggling with some depression and just not loving life very much and was introduced to one of the participants in this book at an enrichment meeting. She spoke to us about the book and the author of it and explained how to do the experiment(the book is about and experiment some sisters did in her ward) on our own. I was extremely touched by her talk. Anyway, I was due with Tanner any day at that point and wasn't about to start reading a book but after we were home from the hospital for about a day and the kids were all off to grandma's for a while I thought that reading might be something I could do(really I should have been sleeping). Anyway, I had Danny pick it up for me at the library. I started to read it late one night and then left it sitting on the sofa but when I woke up the next morning it was truly missing. My book really did grow legs and walk away. We searched and searched for it for months. By Christmas time I had given up and paid the library for it but couldn't afford to buy one for my self now. One day out of no where a good friend of mine sent me a package in the mail with a copy of this book and I finally got to read it. Sometimes I wonder if Satan has little demons that run around and keep certain things from us when they know they are important. This book turned out to be the best thing ever for me but boy did I have to work to get a hold of one. I had a very similar experience with the "peacegiver" as well. There were many obstacles keeping me from reading it but through some interesting miracles I was finally able to read it as well.
"The Holy Secret" is very similar to "The Peacegiver" and an excellent read as well.
Now, I have read many parenting books over the years but found exactly what I was needing in this one. Being a Behavioral Science major in college I read many child development books and once I became a mother my self I read many more. I don't think there is a parenting book out there that I haven't read but this one hit the mark with me.
"Walking in to a hug" was kind of like a workbook that could go along with the "Christlike parenting". Only a different author. It has a lot of simple ideas for making our homes a safe place for our kids.
I have really enjoyed reading these books. The only problem now is that I'm on idea overload. So much inspiration of things to change that I'm finding it hard to know where to start. I would really love to hear some of your good reads. Please share.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



3 comments:
do you have these books?
Some of them I do but most of them I have checked out at the library.
I love the peacegiver. I will have to try out some of these other suggestions. I need some pointers on parenting these days! :)
Post a Comment