Friday, November 9, 2007

Being Grateful

I have to admit that most of the time I forget to pay attention to what I am thankful for. It's not that I don't recognize that all good things come from Heavenly Father but more that I get so caught up in the worries of my own life that I forget all the good stuff. So being how it is November, and I am already thinking it is Christmas I am going to try and post all of my grateful thoughts and not rush into Christmas without recognizing all that is good. Today I was taking some antibiotics for a really bad UTI that I had this week and it got me thinking how grateful I am for this medicine that after just two doses it completely took away the pain. That one thought led me to more thoughts. It has been ten years since I had a UTI that bad and it has been along time since any of us have been sick enough to have to go to the doctor excluding Meridee's heart surgery. I think it has been at least 2 years since we had Audrie in for pneumonia and that was the last major illness we have experienced. We have had colds and the flu but I have not had to take any one into the doctor in a really long time. I am so grateful for our good health and even though I complain about the bad health insurance I am grateful for it too. I was glad that I could get in to the doctor's office to run the test to see if I needed meds for only $10 instead of the usual $30 copay it would cost me to see the actual doctor and then to my amazement the Rx was only$7 instead of the usual $25. This was such a blessing since we were down to our last $50 until payday. I was hesitant to even go in to the doctor for that reason, but I am so glad I did because I feel great now. I know that I have so much to be grateful for and if I can just stop worrying so much I just might remember all of my blessings a little more often.

No comments: