Yesterday was our first day of school. It was really exciting and the kids couldn't wait to get out the door in the morning. They are going to a new school this year and I have been worried about them making new friends and liking the choice we made to send them to the charter school but they really seem to be great with it. Audrie was a little nervous to walk in alone so I walked her to her classroom but once she saw her teacher she didn't even look back to see me leave. Her teacher is Mrs. Hatch and our next door neighbor so she really felt comfortable but it was long day for her. Audrie is in the first grade and she looked pretty tired when she got home but said she made some new friends. Reed is in the third grade and has a really nice teacher Mrs. Seeley. He was really excited as well and made some new friends. I really haven't been worried about Reed because his neighbor and best friend Spencer also goes to school there. Paige is in the fifth grade and I have been the most worried about her. She had been at the other school for so long and had lots of good friends that she was leaving behind. Plus she was giving me a really hard time about wearing ugly uniforms. I don't blame her though because I kind of missed shopping for cute outfits too, but in the end she came home happy. She said she made 4 new friends right away. I don't know why I worry because she is so good at making friends and being kind to everyone. So I think I can leave my worries behind and thank goodness I didn't have a kindergartener this year or I probably would have been in tears for sure. Over all it was a good day but a very busy one. The two little girls and I had the whole day to ourselves. I haven't had a day with only two kids in years. Too bad it will only last a few more weeks and then I'll be back to 3 little ones to look after all day. So the little girls had doctors appointments and they each got caught up on their immunizations so it was a little rough because they didn't feel good most of the day but we went to the store (which actually went well as you all know I don't take kids to the store) and bought some play dough and had lunch at the park so I think that made up for it. The kids got off to school this morning without a hitch and it is just the little girls and I again. I'm not sure what to do with the quiet but It sure is nice. I am truly happy that summer is over and we are back to learning and routines. I love going back to school.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



2 comments:
Yay for school! We start tomorrow and they (okay ME TOO) are so excited. I would have been worried for Page too - its so scary to be the new kids when you're older like that. I'm glad to hear she made friends fast and I'm sure it will be an awesome year for all of them. I have to say that I *LOVE* uniforms. G had them in AZ and the kids have them here in MX. They are the BEST for speeding up the morning routine. "Do you want to wear this shirt or this other shirt that looks just like it?" haha! Plus, its another reason for kids to love Saturday and its a rule that kids have to love weekends - so let's just run with it.
Wow Beth! I found you on Jill's blog. I cannot believe you have a 5th grader. It has been WAY too long since I have seen you.
Congratulations on the pregnancy...the pictures are beautiful!
Post a Comment