Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Party Girls





This past weekend was full of parties for the little girls. It was so fun to see all of their excitement. Meridee was invited to a Halloween Party. It was her very first party invitation and so you can imagine how special that made her feel. Aida turned 3 on Saturday. I think that turning three is so much fun. It was the first time I think she actually grasped the idea of a Birthday party. Even though it was just a family party we made invitations for her to deliver to each of her siblings. She put them on their pillows while they were at school. I also made her a cute shirt with a big 3 on it for her to wear(thanks for the idea Shanda). Grandma and Grandpa Nordstrom also came over and she had some cousins visiting who joined us as well. She was so excited. For the first time she knew exactly what to do with the gifts and the excitement in her face as she unveiled each gift was priceless and then she gave hugs to each person and said thank you. She was way too cute. We made some really yummy cupcakes that I ate way to many of and they sure looked cute too. Baking and decorating the cupcakes was fun and easy. I'm actually considering a little business making cupcakes. Might be kind of fun and easy way to earn a few extra dollars. I'm only considering it because I could probably do it after kids are all in bed. Anyway we'll see. Right now I am drowning in housework and enjoying the time that I have to just sit and hold Tanner. Well that was our fun weekend. Next weekend will not be so fun. I am having my wisdom teeth pulled. Yuck!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Everything looks great.
Aida looks very excited.
Cupcakes would be so fun to make, I need to get better at the frosting.
I have a cool cookbook for them.
How bout some baby pics?

Unknown said...

I want to see baby pics. You are slacking big time.

Unknown said...

I want to see baby pics. You are slacking big time.

Jill said...

That sounds like it was all fun. I wish I was there.

maren said...

ummm...i would like to place a cupcake order! sounds so good. your girls are so cute! how's the babe? congratulations!

Brittney said...

Oh I so feel for you on the wisdom teeth. I just had mine out in March and it was rough. Make sure you have some extra help on hand with the little ones.

As for your comment on needing a change of scenerym I think you need to move away to a whole other state as well...maybe Georgia (Atlanta in particular).:)

As for the punishment with Meridee, we have had to go through this too many times in our home as well. The tough thing is that if you don't follow through, she won't take you seriously.

I remember last year threatening my 4-year old with a punishment that I absolutely didn't want to follow through with. Unfortunately she still did what she wasn't suppose to (can't remember what now).

It seems like her little rebellion came right after I had Carter, I think she was just suddenly unsure of her place in the world with a new little one in the home. Maybe Meridee is having the same issues (maybe not, but it's just a thought). Anyway we decided to have her earn back that privilege by working extra hard and really going the extra mile to make up for it. It made her more aware of her actions and gave us a great opportunity to look for the positive that she was doing. She realized that the positive praise was so much more enjoyable and she really started to make some changes.

Good luck! It would be nice if by the 6th kid you had it all figured out but they are all so different so what works with one never works with the others.