Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sweet Treat




Do you ever have those days when you feel like you did all the right things? For me they don't happen all that often but on this particular day I felt that way. Most of you probably know that I have struggled with depression for a long time but over the past year I have found a way to move passed it. For so long I haven't really felt like myself. All the things I love just seemed so meaningless before but I have found my way back. This day I found myself feeling truly happy doing the simplest of activities with my girls. The interesting thing about it is that this small act changed my entire day. It just went smoothly all day and this one good day has turned into many good days. I have prayed for joy and happiness to come to me for a very long time and the Lord has answered that prayer in the most interesting ways. I finally feel a peace and calm that I have not felt in a long time.

2 comments:

stacy said...

this makes me so happy! :)

Amy said...

You know it is funny that you mention we are a lot alike (your comment on my blog).
I was thinking the same thing when I read this blog post of yours the other day.
Funny, how sometimes you would never know the things people are struggling with or how much like you they really are (I think we all think that everyone else's life is perfect).
This has been kind of a deep thinking time in my life too. Dealing with some extended family issues that are kind of a struggle for me. Danny and I are not very outgoing in general and I tend to shy away from opening up to others (face to face, now my blog, different story :).
Sadly, I think that comes across as stuck up to some.
But we just never know.
I am glad you are starting to feel more peace and joy. :)