Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our summer at a glance

I know, I know, I'm a lame blogger. Our summer has been pretty busy. Here are just a few highlights. We started off with our big uniform burning bonfire. Lots of fun.
We've had barbeques in the backyard, popsicles, a little swimming, movies in the park, parades, and a lot of relaxing and enjoying each others company.
I made a fun wreath for my front door with dehydrated oranges. I love it. So bright and summery and we went school shopping at NORDSTROM's. Not really, just going through the hand-me-downs in the storage room.

And the high light of our summer: DREAM FACATIONS

Since we don't have a penny to our name we have been planning some really fun facations. I let the kids pick a place they would like to visit and we created our own little getaway at home. We even have fake passports with stamps and everything. Paige was first and wanted to go to Hawaii. So we planned a luau for dinner, went on a nature walk that ended in getting wet in a waterfall, swimming with the fish in the ocean and so much more. It really was fun. Our next stops, Walt Disney World in Florida and Japan. I hope you all are having a great summer too.

SYLYBYE

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a cute idea! I may have to do the same thing lol. PS your nordstrom joke was funny... it took me a second to figure it out then i laughed at my stupidness and your cleverness lol. LOVES

shanda said...

that is SO cool. i love that it gets your kids researching about different places.
your kids have a very creative MOM! way to go.

Jill said...

well it is about time. love the pics

Brittney said...

That's so fun! Your kids will remember these facations probably as much as they would the real trip anyway! Way to work with what you've got!

It's so fun to see an update...don't be such a stranger! :)

Kimi said...

I nominate you as mom of the year! You are awesome!

Kimi said...

Dang, it always goes in as Tyler now that I started a missionary blog for him. Remember, Elder Tyler S Lee is really Kim.

Ruthye said...

I LOVE this idea! i think it is so great of you to be so creative. I think this is something everyone should do!!

Keep having fun and posting your facations!

shannon said...

Oh My Gosh Beth! Your so creative and wonderful. What an amazing idea. You made it all so cute too!

Anonymous said...

Beth you have the best ideas. The facations are the way to go! I also had to laugh at the 'burning of the uniforms'. Looks like you guys have had some fun summer times.