Okay so my last post was not very uplifting but I have had a tough week trying to get some order and routine back into our lives so that we will be ready for school to start and I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and I let that feeling take over. I pretty much went crazy on my family the last couple of days. I'd like to blame it on something like PMS but I was just overwhelmed. Anyway, everyone's comments were great and got me thinking. I am always looking for the balance in life. For example, perfectly reverent zombe like children in church or kids who's parents let them be themselves so much that they don't learn to sit still when appropriate. Neither one is okay so I am always looking for the middle ground. I never seem to find it though because everyone has an opinion about what is right and I actually listen to them. I think Shanda's comment works for me. I have to stop listening to everyone else. I already know this but sometimes it is hard to do when you feel like others are judging you. But the part I really liked was that there will always be someone skinnier but there will also be someone fatter too. There will always be someone smarter and dumber, worse parents and better parents than me. The balance is in between all of those statements. The balance is me. I am the balance in the middle of all of that. What I am is okay. So, really nothing too profound I just need to remember to be okay with myself. Which can be hard to do sometimes but I think If I can learn not to run faster than I have strength I will be able to remember it easier. I think I need to reread "Remembering Wholeness" because it obviously hasn't quite sunk in yet.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



1 comment:
I agree....except for the part about parents being BETTER because I don't think it exists. The best kind of parents are the ones that continually strive to do better and be better....there is no parent better than that.
If you do your best (and sometimes our best includes a bad day or two) then no more can be expected of you.
You are the best parent your children need. And I am the best parent my children need, and that will have to do, because expecting more than that is unrealistic and will make us all go crazy.
Post a Comment