Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lost

Okay so this weekend was not all that exciting. Although I found something very important. When we got home from the reunion and I was buried up to my eyeballs in laundry, one of the two little girls played in my purse. They blame each other of course, so I don't really know who did it. They pulled out everything and dumped it all over the floor and while I was cleaning it up I realized that my driver's license and temple recommend were missing. We searched and searched amid all the camping gear and laundry that hadn't been folded yet. We didn't find a thing. So for weeks I've been driving around with no license hoping that I didn't get in an accident or pulled over and I really didn't want to go get a new one because the lost one was brand new and I was too cheap to pay another $25 again so soon. The temple recommend didn't worry me so much because it is easy to go get another one, but besides all that they have to be in the house some where. So last weekend I finally found my driver's license. It was actually in my wallet stuck inside a really tight side pocket that I never use. I was so relieved. Now if I could just find my recommend. Well, the very next day what do you think happened? The girls got into my purse again and the license and my cell phone is missing and just as I am ready to head out to do my grocery shopping. Danny and I searched the whole house and could not find them, but in our searching guess what we found? Yes, it was my recommend stuck in between the couch cushions that I had looked in twice the week before. I was in a pretty big hurry to finish my shopping and get back home because I needed to be up to my sister in law's house to help her set up for her daughter's wedding reception in just a couple of hours. So I was pretty mad that it was taking so long to find them and so I decided to just go shopping anyway. So again for the last week I have been cautiously driving around town with out my licence. This weekend we decided to go out and finally clean out the garage and get organized. While going back and forth to the outside garbage can we came across my license on the ground near the garbage cans and we found my cell too. I can only say I am thankful we found it before it ended up in the garbage and for the $25 it saved us and for the first time in a month I feel complete again.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Eeewwww, I totally feel your pain! Caelan rips my purse completely apart any time she manages access to it. I'm glad you found it though! I get so stressed when I can't find things like that.

Is it cooling off yet? I'm so ready for fall!

Nash said...

You need to post some of your fanshmastic recipes like that salad and your raspberry dessert. I know you have others hiding in your cupboard. Bring it on! Some even do cookig blogs for swapping rec.