Friday, August 31, 2007

I think I can, I think I can

Well I lost a walking partner this week but I found a new one. The only thing is she is a runner training for a half marathon in St. George at the first of the year. I usually hate to run, but today we walk/ran 3 miles and it actually felt good. She has inspired me and I am joining her. I think this will be good for me. Of course I want to lose weight and so the exercise is what I need to accomplish that goal, but even more than that I think it is a good goal to work towards so that I can have that feeling of accomplishment that I crave and so often don't feel or recognize as a mother. Plus I want to set an example for the kids of what it is like to set a goal and not give up. I am really excited about this but sometimes that excitement can fizzle and knowing me at some point it probably will. So that is why I am posting this for everyone to see. I need to be held accountable and I need some cheerleaders. So please cheer me on and help keep me motivated. So, Kim if you read this now you'll know that I am committed. YAY ME!

2 comments:

Hanna said...

oh my gosh! That is seriously so awesome! Its my dream to run a 5k here in MX before we move - so you'll be my guinea pig and I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Nash said...

Good for you. I have started adding a minute at a time to the end of my cardio and I am getting better everyday. I am SO not a runner. If you did 3 miles the first time then you can definitely do it. You will feel so good. I keep trying to tell myself that exercise is ME time and that it's worth doing because I can release my stress and let go of all the worries of the day. Sometimes it works and other times I want to quit right after I start, but for the most part once I'm doing it (and I have a good song) then I kick it into gear. Keep us updated.