Well I had a few pictures that I thought I would post from our Thanksgiving weekend but for some reason I can't find them now. That just makes me mad. Anyway we had a fun holiday. Danny's niece Brook and her family stayed here with us. We had a house full but it was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time staying up late and playing with cousins. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Danny's Parent's house and my dad was here by the time we got home. It is really nice having him here with us. He should be here at least a week.
I am officially going on record as saying that I hate after Thanksgiving Sales. I know for many it is a tradition and some even enjoy it but I never have and this year confirms it. I have never gone shopping on the day after sales because I don't like being in the crowd or feeling rushed but this year I did go out later in the day hoping to get a few predetermined items on my list. I did actually get quite a bit of my shopping done in one day but truthfully, I wanted to walk up and down the isles and take my time, making sure that what I was getting for my loved ones would be thoughtful and besides everything was pretty picked over and I honestly don't think that the few dollars we saved are worth it. I also sent Danny out to Shopko at 5 am to get a particular item but I won't name it because Paige reads my blog. He came home and told me that we missed out. An employee told him that they were gone in 5 minutes and that there was fighting over it as well. I am sorry but if that is what goes on during the holiday season then I want not part of it. It really just made me feel sad that people don't get it. The whole purpose of this season gets totally lost in doing what we think is good but really brings out the worst in many of us. Sharing and giving to others is a beautiful thing and symbolizes the greatest gift of all which is of course our Lord and Savior but when we get caught up in the giving of commercial gifts and have to fight to acquire them then it is really just sad.
Anyway back to our fun holiday weekend. After shopping we bundled up the kids and drove to Sandy where we caught the train for a ride into Salt Lake City to see the lights at Temple Square. The kids enjoyed the train ride and seeing the lights. Meridee was especially impressed with the Cristus. She was really sweet about seeing the "Big Jesus" as she put it and Aida who barely talks notice the prints in his hands and said "owie".
Our fun only lasted a short time and everyone was tired and cold so went home pretty quickly. Anyway we had a great weekend with lots of family and great food. It really can't get any better than that. I hope all of you had a fun weekend as well.
SYLYBYE
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



2 comments:
I guess I won't be sad that I missed the after-Thanksgiving madness. I actually love to sit and look at ads on Thanksgiving day to plan out my shopping for Friday. I've never sunk so low as fist-fighting over an item and usually end up with popcorn and a coke while I wander around Target. It all smells like Christmas to me! LOL. It is pretty sad the levels some people sink to though.
Sounds like a fun weekend. It makes me want to come visit Utah again. Its been over 3 years since I've been there!
Nice to see you again. I was just going to leave a comment telling you we were missing you until I saw the NEW post. YAH!!
Oh I feel pretty much the same. I like looking at the ads, but not going. Paul did go this year at 5am for the first time to get some things. Better him than me, and I think it might be his last year going. He did save a bunch though.
Cute things the kids said and did.
Post a Comment