Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Chose This? I Choose This.

Some days I wonder, Is this really what I signed up for? Before I got married I new it wouldn't be easy but I really had no clue. I don't think that anybody ever really does. Sometimes I'll ask myself "I chose this?" What was I thinking? I chose to get married at 19 before I finished college or started a career or traveled or served a mission? I chose to start a family while Danny and I were still in college. I chose to have a second baby and get pregnant with the third before graduation? I chose to have 5 kids before I turned 30? Yes, I did!






These pictures reminded me of a resolution I made years ago when I came across a mother who scrap booked a picture of her toddler in the messiest goop I had ever seen. While admiring her craftiness it occurred to me that she couldn't possibly stop to take a picture if she lost her cool, punished the child and then cleaned up the mess in a huff. Instead she obviously had to go get the camera and take the time to get the perfect picture of the lovely mess. I remembered thinking that it takes a really patient mom to do that. So through the years I have tried to be that patient mom. I don't always stop and take pictures. Sometimes I just loose it, but I love these kinds of pictures they help me realize that even though life gets rough and makes me wonder why I chose this, that there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing.

I did choose this and everyday I continue to choose this life!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's awesome! I did the same thing when my kids dumped 4 full bottles of dessert sprinkles all over the floor...the picture is worth the effort of not yelling at them :)

Nash said...

The kids look so grown up on their first day of school. I HEART SCHOOL!
You know Ken absolutely loves school, it's almost weird! She must have a good teacher. She is excited about all the stuff they are doing.

Jill said...

Wow that is messy. I am just glad I don't have to clean it up. lol But they are really cute.