Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thank goodness for public schools


The kids are back in school today and I am singing praises.
The house is actually somewhat quiet, except for Audrie's tantrum at the moment. She doesn't officially begin Kindergarten until next week but she wanted to go so badly that we used today as a dress rehearsal. She got all ready to go this morning and of course we took a picture. She did get to go to the school this morning and take her assessment test. She is so excited. As much as I love sending kids to school, sending a kindergartner is a little bitter sweet. I am glad to see her go but of course I do have a little bit of worry that maybe I didn't prepare her well enough to go out into the big big world. I wonder if this is just a glimpse of what it will be like when I send her off to college.


Reed and Paige looked adorable in their new school outfits. They have grown up so much and I can't believe how smart they are getting. Not to mention the very grownup attitudes and personalities that are emerging. They really are fun. I only wish my camera worked so I could get a better picture(I need a new one badly, Ashley I know you research these things so let me know if you find a good deal) They really looked sharp.

Today I am thankful for sick babies(I think) and a husband that doesn't have to leave early in the morning. Aida started throwing up at 5 this morning and did it all morning long. So I was trying to help her and get kids ready for school. Danny was a big help but Aida sure slowed us down. She gives me an excuse for having the kids start their first day of school a little late instead of the real reason(Paige wanted her hair curled and I took too long). It also means I get to sit and hold her all day instead of cleaning the house.
I just love her sad sweet face.



YUMMY!

I am not sure they are really awake yet but they loved our back to school banner and their favorite breakfast (French Toast).


Well things are pretty quiet now that the morning is over. Maybe if Aida will sleep a little later I will attempt some small sewing projects that I have been putting off forever.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I recommend Hanna's camera...seriously. We bought ours around the same time and I like hers WAY better!!!!

You'll have to ask her what model it is, but I know it's a Fuji.

The kids look awesome! I know it's only preschool and it's only 2 days a week for 3 hours but I'm SOOOOO looking forward to my breaks :)

Jill said...

They look really cute. Poor Aida she does look pitiful. lol