Audrie turned 6 years old on New Year's Eve. Yes, she was a tax break baby. She wasn't actually due until Jan. 10th but I was really trying hard to convince the doctor that she should come before the first. Not just for the tax break but also because we had already met the insurance deductible for the year and we did not want to pay it again. Plus my mom and dad were in town and they didn't want to miss seeing their new grand baby. My doctor took pity on me and said he would induce the labor on the 31st. I was really nervous to induce because I had a Cesarean with Paige but since I had a successful v-back with Reed I was hopeful that all would be well and it was. She was more healthy than the previous two who gave us a lot of trouble with delivery. My mom and dad both stayed for the delivery. It was pretty special to have my dad there. I was the first of his kids that he was able to be in the delivery room during birth and now Audrie was the first birth of a grandchild for him to witness as well. Of course Audrie and I didn't stay up late that night but we do let her stay up for the countdown now that she is older. I imagine that it will be fun for her to have her birthday on New Years Eve.
The upside down balloons are a tradition that began when Paige was little and we were still starving students. I never felt like we could afford a real balloon bouquet so I would buy a bag at the dollar store and hang them from the ceiling. I still don't ever feel like I can justify the cost of balloon bouquets and the kids wouldn't have it any other way. They always remind me that they want to have upside down balloons for their birthdays.
We take turns each year doing Family Parties and Friend Parties. 2007 was a Family Party year. We usually take the kids out for a fun family outing. Paige always asks for ice skating, and Reed usually wants to go bowling. This year we went up American Fork Canyon and went sledding for Audrie. We took along a thermos of hot chocolate and all her presents and when we were too cold to to be outside any longer we warmed up in the car with our hot chocolate and watched Audrie open her presents. We really had a fun day.
Audrie is truly a delight. She is in Kindergarten and really loves it. She has made a lot of new friends and is working really hard to learn how to read. She has an infectious laugh and bubbly personality. She is growing up so fast and we love her so much.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment