Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Small and Simple

The prophet has been telling us for years to try a little harder and be a little better. The scriptures also tell us that by small and simple means are great things brought to pass. I am taking this approach for my New Year's resolution in 2008. This seems like a good plan to me because when ever I make big goals it seems that my failures look just as big and the disappointment's even bigger.

So this year I will be a little kinder, a little more patient, I will read a little more scriptures, and pray a little more. I will be a little more patient, spend a little more quality time with the ones I love, listen a little more and say I love you a little more often. I will be a little more organized, watch a little less TV, eat a little less junk food and spend a little less money. I will remember the Savior a little more often and keep his commandments a little better.

My hope is that I will be a little better tomorrow than I am today and that my small efforts will bring great rewards.

7 comments:

stacy said...

HOW DID I FIND YOU?!?!?!?!?! yeah, i'm so excited! i can't believe how big your kids are! they are all so beautiful.

we live in gilbert az of all places and have been here for a year. we absolutely love it...life is good here.

come visit my blog! :)

small and simple indeed. :)

stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stacy said...

i know how i found you! you are a link on cori's blog and cori is a link on amber lowrys blog (who is noah lowrys sis in law incase you didn't know)so that's how i found you! :)

Nash said...

i like that!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday BETH!!!!!!!!

stacy said...

it's me again. i came back today to wish you a happy birthday. after all of these years i still remember all of my friends b-days and think of them on that day. i'm glad i have a place that i can wish you a happy birthday. :)

go to my blog (when you get a chance) and on the top, right side is my email address. email me so i have your email address i wanted to tell you something but i don't want to waist space here.

Nash said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH.
Hope it's a good one!