Paige is our first born and we waited for her with a lot of anticipation. We tried to get pregnant for over a year with no luck and were starting to see doctors to see if they could help the process but soon after we became pregnant on our own. We realize that a year is not as long a long time compared to what others go through but it sure felt like a long time to us. We were so grateful that Heavenly Father answered our prayers. I loved being pregnant and enjoyed every minute of it. That is up until the delivery. She was overdue and I couldn't wait. Danny's mom came early to be with us and my mom was on her way the day I went into labor. I saw the doctor the morning of her delivery and he felt everything was ok so he sent us home pretty sure it would happen really soon. Well he stripped my membranes that morning and I had contractions all day. They were consistently every 5 minutes but only lasted for 15-30 seconds long so we did not go in. But around 9:00pm I started having some contractions that were only 2 minutes apart and Danny's mom said we should just go ahead and go. I am glad we listened to her. I went to the bathroom while Danny got our bags and while in the bathroom my water broke. It was a goosh the kind you would only hope didn't happen while out in public. After changing my clothes twice my mother in law suggested I just stick a towel between my legs and leave. Well everything became really intense after that. When we arrived the nurses were concerned that I was only dilated to a 2 and there was maconium in the fluid. After a short while they realized that Paige was in trouble. Her heart rate was really slow and nearly stopped many times and so I was rushed in for an emergency Cesarean. It was scary and not the picture perfect delivery that I dreamed of but we were so glad that she arrived safely.
The time since then has gone by really fast and I can't believe that my oldest turns ten today and we are officially entering the world of Pre-Teen Drama. Although with Paige I don't anticipate too much struggling. She really is a Dynamic Girl. She is organized, responsible, kind, and knows all too well how to have silly fun. Overall she has a true desire to do what is right. She reads her scriptures often and prays everyday. She includes kids at school, who others might reject or overlook. By doing so she is blessed with many friends. She is my little Cinderella. She is always willing to help around the house. Don't get me wrong she is not perfect. As none of us are but she usually knows when she has done something wrong and always tries to correct it. I simply couldn't ask for more from an oldest child. She is setting the bar high and setting a great example for our entire family. We all love her so very much.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



1 comment:
So cute! It's great to relive those moments leading up to your first meeting with your babies. It's crazy she's that old. I'm crapping my pants a little that ken will be 8. I just don't think I should be that old, although I'm getting the wrinkles to prove it.
Happy B-day.
Post a Comment