So today is the third birthday we have had in the last week and a half. It is my turn to be older and wiser but please if I see another slice of cake or bowl of ice cream, I think I might just puke. All this junk is not helping the diet and the cold weather is making it harder to get out and run to work off the extra calories. So I probably gained back all the weight I've lost in the last little while, but that is going to change now that there are no more excuses to party. So I put an old picture of myself and the girls on here because I really don't have a decent picture of myself since I am always behind the camera.
The kids asked me a while back how old I was and my mommy brain with about half the brain cells that is used to have seriously couldn't recall my age. I wasn't just trying to lie about my age although sometimes I'd like too. I truly was confused and said I was 30. Where has the time gone. The last two years have been a complete blur to me. When I was young and naive I would fantasize about being a thirty-something soccer mom. Now I am here living my dream and I don't even remember how or when I got here. It simply crept up on me.
Well like the kids I have changed and grown. Getting older wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I have been on a journey trying to discover who Beth is. I had been just mommy for so long that I felt a need to redefine myself. So here is just a small ever changing list of things that I have started. I'm sure it will constantly change because in so many ways I don't think I'll always be the same.
I don't care how many products you try, your hereditary dark under-eye circles are not going away
I used to be a dancer but now I am a runner. I love it and I am starting to get that runners addition.
I love getting away for girls weekends and I don't have to feel guilty about it.
I used to have fun as a blond but I feel more comfortable as a brunette.
Before I had kids I thought patience was one of my best virtues and now I know that I am only just beginning to learn what real patience is.
I am a quiet observer but to others it sometimes comes off as snobby. Not my intention.
I don't like to be in the spotlight but a private compliment really makes me feel good.
When it comes to being creative I am a copycat. I don't know how to just get a creative idea. I need to see something I like first and then try to duplicate it.
I like to read and I have a long list of books I'd like to read. Now if only I had the time.
I am not the most optimistic person I know but I am working on it.
I do like to make life simple but it usually only lasts for a while and then I feel the urge to shake things up and that usually means taking on more than I am ready for.
I am a minimalist. I don't want a lot of Knick knacks in the house or too many books or pieces of furniture. Just enough to be functional and pretty.
I really don't like routines or schedules even though I now they are good for me and the kids.
I want to travel. Anywhere away from the western part of the county would be a dream. Even better would be Europe. I hope that Danny and I will be able to serve several missions. I would go on a mission now if they would let entire families go.
I like change. I think.
🤓 new method 🤓 Bss Rofl Mod Brawl Stars
6 years ago



4 comments:
I know how you feel. I know we are only 18 months apart but I am right behind you. The only difference is I had a lot of time to define who I am. Now I feel I am going to loose all of that now I am home with babies. But I also know I will love it too.
happy birthday beth. i know the feeling of being just mommy. but we have all the time to get to know who we are. no matter what stage you are in in life, you'll be trying to define who you are. isn't life great and crazy? i love it. hope you had a great day becoming one year wiser!
OMG!!!!! My mom told me you had been running and that you looked really good, but WOW!!! You look so good. I am always impressed with people who can set goals and make steps to acheive it. I hope I can follow your example and give myself some willpower. You look so good.
Beth, so when exactly is your birthday? I am sure we've discussed this before, but I don't know for sure. We also celebrate a TON of birthdays in January. Mine is the 9th, when is yours? I hope to hear back from you, so I can write it on my calendar. HUGS!! (and happy belated birthday)
Post a Comment